- Reciting the Qur’an means to recite the book as the Prophet recited it and to act upon it.
- The kalimaat of Allah don’t change.
- Enduring the trials with patience requires good company.
- Remembering Allah during the rush hours: morning and evening.
- Avoiding bad company is as important as having good company.
Reciting the Book
And recite (and teach) what has been revealed to you of the Book of your Rabb: none can change His Words, and none will you find as a refuge other than Him. (27)
Allah ta’ala address the Prophet sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam and the believers, وَاتْلُ مَا أُوحِيَ إِلَيْكَ مِن كِتَابِ رَبِّكَ – and recite what has been revealed to you from your Rabb. Tilaawah is of two types:
- To recite the words of the Qur’an to yourself and others (out loud) as recited by the Prophet. Proper tajweed is not an option, its a requirement.
- To understand the Qur’an and act upon it.
The Qur’an was sent down to be recited and acted upon. Just as we learned in the previous ayah that no one has a share in the Hukm of Allah–We must fulfill this command to recite and act upon this book as the Prophet sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam did and the Companions, whether the people like or do not like, if it is against or complying with their desires–continue to recite.
The Kalimaat of Allah don’t change
لَا مُبَدِّلَ لِكَلِمَاتِهِ- There is no changer of His words.
Since the revelation of the Qur’an, people have wanted to change its meanings, because they did not want to change themselves. Allah ta’ala says in another surah, “those who do not expect the meeting with us say, ‘bring us a Qur’an other than this or change it'” (10:15).
كَلِمَاتِ is of two types:
- Kawnee: In the creation and decisions of Allah. If Allah ta’ala sends rain, then no one can prevent the rain from coming.
- Shar’ee: In the Commands of Allah. If Allah ta’ala sends a command in the Qur’an, it has been preserved. There are people who change or alter the meanings and interpretations, but the true deen of Allah has been preserved and guarded. The Word of Allah cannot be changed.
And if a person does try to change the words of Allah, لَن تَجِدَ مِن دُونِهِ مُلْتَحَدًا- none will you find as a refuge other than Him, they will have no place to run, no place of refuge to hide.