Bismillah. Asked Siddiqah bint Al-Siddiq [RA], “what if I knew which night Laylatul Qadr was, then what should I say in it?”
He [SAWS] said, “Say:
[Reported by Tirmithi and Ibn Majah]
Transliteration (hover your mouse for translation)
Allahumma innaka ‘afuwwun
Some thoughts on this dua (based on the video above and more):
- The dua is all about afwu. The three prominent words in the dua all share afwu as their common origin.
- The word afwu عفو has two basic meanings: 1) to erase 2) to have leftovers, be prosperous.
- Mapping it back to the dua:
- Allah is the one who completely erases the sin – totally gone – despite having the power to punish.
- Allah is the one who makes us prosper, gives us lots – mostly without us even asking for it.
- He loves to erase our sins, loves to make us prosper.
View original post 101 more words