اللَّهُ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا هُوَ وَعَلَى اللَّهِ فَلْيَتَوَكَّلِ الْمُؤْمِنُونَ
Allah! There is no ilah except Him, and thus in Allah should the believers put their trust.
Why should I trust Allah?
- Because there is no one who can bring any benefit nor inflict any harm except Allah [SWT]. That makes Allah [SWT] the only One worthy of any act of worship alone (ilah).
- Wakeel is one who is appointed as a representative. Basically, if you give someone the right to represent you (e.g. power of attorney), they become your wakeel. To make Allah [SWT] our wakeel makes complete sense because:
- No one can harm or benefit you without Allah’s permission
- Allah’s knowledge is complete and absolute.
Thus, the believer (one who is certain of Allah’s exclusivity of worship) places his/her trust in Allah [SWT] and appoints Him [SWT] as his/her power of attorney.
So what should we do to develop trust in Allah [SWT]?
- Establish salah, because this is the foundation of the believer
- Make this dua.
The Messenger of Allah sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam said,
“Allah will grant whoever recites this seven times in the morning and evening whatever he desires from this world or the next.”
[Sunan Abee Dawood]