Exams are here! Argh. Here’s something I’ve been trying recently to study for exams: studying for exams at the Masjid. Grab one of those small tables and a cushion to sit on, and you’re good to go. There are numerous benefits of studying at the Masjid over studying at the library or at home:
- If you study at home, most probably you won’t pray in jamat, and if you’re in school, Shaitan may cause you to delay your prayer. When you study at the Masjid, you catch the salah in jamat – and if you’re on top of your game, in the first row with the first takbeer – at the earliest time. These deeds are BELOVED to Allah [SWT]!
- You catch the time between the adhan and the iqamah. This is a time of acceptance of duas.
“The dua said between the adhan and the iqamah is not refused, therefore offer your duas at this time. ”
[Ahmad, Abu Dawud]
- Save time, because you won’t have to back-and-forth to a prayer place to pray. In the Masjid, you just get up, pray and then get back to studying.
- No internet = no distractions
- No members of the the opposite sex = no distractions (big fitnah at the libraries and on-campus!)
- While you’re at the Masjid, you get the opportunity to do massive charity and shake off all of your sins! And you thought you were only going to study!
That’s all I can think of. It’s a very interesting experiment, try it if you are a student. In sha Allah, it brings much benefit to the affairs of the dunya and the akhira.
WAllahu ta’ala alam.